Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Mute

I took a slight pause in my rebuttle for your combativeness, and thought, "how did it get to this? we used to be in a good place, all the time. A fun place, a happy place". I look around and it's as if everything is in slow motion. I pause, look back up at you, and decide it's time to go.

Lately it's as if I see a storm on the horizon and I turn the other way and run. Our 'tiffs' are so draining, so pointless, that I feel I have nothing left. There is so much speaking, yet nothing is being said. Voices are raised, sarcasm is thrown into the mix, and suddenly we're stuck in the middle of a hurricane worse than Katrina. Voices become muffled, and all of a sudden I'm transported to a place in my head where nothing hurts and everything is okay. There are no hidden stressors fueling your angry moods and my stubborness is silenced to a peep. In my perfect world your current situations have no affect on the conversations we carry or how you decide you are going to act that day.

But this isn't a perfect world. There are things so obviously bothering you, and yet I have no idea what.

No comments:

Post a Comment